Join the Community, Expand the Movement
Although arthritis is one of the most common diseases in the world, most people haven’t heard much about it. Or they don’t know what it really is or how it affects those who live with it. In a Harris Poll of 2,000 adults in the U.S. on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation, only 7% of them knew that arthritis is the country’s #1 cause of disability. A whopping 85% said the disease needs more attention.
As someone who lives with arthritis every day, you can help elevate arthritis awareness on Oct. 12 — World Arthritis Day. While arthritis is 24/7/365, this is a special day to remember the disease’s far-reaching impact.
Over 54 million Americans are diagnosed with arthritis, including 300,000 children. World Arthritis Day is a great time to remind everyone you know that arthritis is everywhere. That it needs to be a higher priority, including more funding for research that leads to better treatments and a cure.
You can help change the future of arthritis by joining the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. It’s FREE to sign up. Here, you’ll find tons of opportunities to connect with others, get involved and pay it forward.
You’ll find inspiring stories about people who are conquering the challenges of arthritis. People like:
- Ben, whose ACL injury led to osteoarthritis, the most prevalent form of the disease, which strikes more than 30 million Americans. A military veteran and energetic farmer and chef, Ben’s story is about dreaming big and doing what you love to do, despite the hurdles.
- Lexus, whose encounter with juvenile arthritis motivated her to write an essay about it. While JA has perplexed her at times, Lexus has also found promise in her experiences, which has helped her appreciate the important things in life and to grow in her journey.
- Renee, diagnosed with fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis after years of suffering debilitating pain. Along the way, she kept hearing that it was all in her head. Renee found strength and a positive outlook by connecting with others in the arthritis community.
No matter what form of arthritis affects you or a loved one — whether it’s OA, RA, JA, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, lupus, fibromyalgia, gout or another type — the Live Yes! Arthritis Network offers help and hope.
- Sign up and connect with others who know what it’s like!
- Give just 10 minutes to take part in the Live Yes! INSIGHTS assessment. Your answers will help shape the research and resources the arthritis community needs.
- Be part of the conversation in our Live Yes! Online Community. Check out a forum that interests you, chime in or start your own discussion.
- Join a Live Yes! Connect Group nearby and talk face to face … or start your own local support group.
- DONATE! Every dollar you give helps strengthen the arthritis community and goes to work right away.
On World Arthritis Day, make a bigger difference than ever before. Start by joining the Live Yes! Arthritis Network. That’s where the end of arthritis begins.