You have a list of tips and self-management tricks in your arsenal. But maybe there’s that one you know will make you feel good. We asked our readers and followers “What is your No. 1 self care habit?” Here are their answers.
Nice, hot Epsom salt bath and giving myself permission to relax.
– Cathy Guerrant via Facebook
If my body tells me to stop and rest, I listen.
– Amanda Thurow, Fernie, British Columbia
Fresh turmeric in almost everything.
– Janna Becken, Astoria, Oregon
I never touch my mouth unless I sanitize.
– Abigail Schankel, Cherry Hill, New Jersey
I exercise every day, even if I’m in pain. I may lower the intensity on a bad day, but I still get it done. I feel this really helps keep me moving as well as possible.
– Rebecca Lee, Little River, South Carolina
Believing that remaining positive can influence my physical wellbeing.
– Darlene Zapp, Amsterdam, New York
To not feel guilty when I have to say no to an invite.
– Cindy Scally-Flemm via Facebook
Taking a liver support supplement and drinking lemon water.
– Kit Sloan via Facebook
Following an anti-inflammatory diet as much as my budget and time allows.
– Jana Altieri via Facebook
Celebrate the small victories. Maybe I can’t accomplish a lot of things my usual way, but most things I can still accomplish in my new way!
– Cheryl Setty via Facebook
- You Said It: It’s Hard to Always Do What You Should
- Five Positive Ways to Boost your Mood and Relieve Stress and Pain
- Banish a Bad Mood