Today, approximately 1,000 superheroes – kids, teens, young adults and their families – from across the country, have answered the call and have made their way to Bellevue, Washington.
Bellevue – a city located across Lake Washington from Seattle – is the first location of the Arthritis Foundation’s signature National Juvenile Arthritis (JA) Conference. The JA Conference is a unique opportunity to connect families, kids, teens and young adults affected by JA and other rheumatic diseases who spend the weekend networking, learning, sharing tips and forming connections that can last a lifetime.
Held at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue on Seattle’s Eastside, a property that sits in the heart of downtown Bellevue amidst a bustling metro filled with restaurants, shops and family-friendly activities. A short drive or bus ride over the floating bridge to Seattle offers families a chance to visit the famous Pike Place Market, Space Needle and the home of the original Starbucks® coffee shop.
This week’s conference will kick off the 34th annual gathering of JA families and offers a variety of events and informational program tracks focused on networking, education and fun. Over the four-day conference, attendees of all ages will find plenty to do – from the lively opening dinner and art exhibit to young adult discussion panels, health education from experts across the country and lots more.
“With almost half of our attendees being first-time JA Conference attendees, we are excited to meet new families and welcome ‘home’ our conference veterans, “says Kate Kuhns, 2018 Juvenile Arthritis Conference volunteer chair. “The conference is always so inspiring, full of inspiration, information and camaraderie – it really is a life-changing experience.”
Join the #StrongerThanJA Conversation!
Share your experiences at the JA Conference with your friends, followers and the Arthritis Foundation.
You can join the conversation by using #StrongerThanJA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Your posts might even be featured on our big screen! Here are five ways to get started:
- Post: “Like” and interact with the Juvenile Arthritis Conference Facebook page by sharing and commenting on status updates and tagging yourself in photos.
- Tag: Whether in a tweet, post or share, be sure to tag your messages with #StrongerThanJA so everyone following the conference dialog will see it.
- Tweet: Mention @ArthritisFdn in your new tweets! The Arthritis Foundation will retweet and share with others.
- Capture the Moment: Filter your fun on Instagram! We love to see photos from the Juvenile Arthritis Conference. Mention @ArthritisFoundation and tag #StrongerThanJA.
- Not on social media? Submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and your photos could be posted online and featured on our social channels!