The Arthritis Foundation is excited to participate in #ACR17, the Annual Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology. This year, the 2017 ACR Annual Meeting is taking place Nov. 3-8 in San Diego, California! Close to 17,000 rheumatologists, rheumatology health professionals, fellows-in-training, and exhibitors from more than 100 countries are expected to attend to discuss the latest scientific advances, clinical issues, professional development, and more. We are proud to be amongst the thought leaders in the field of rheumatology.
In addition to serving as speakers for several workshops we will also be showcasing our patient engagement efforts. Patients are at the center of all we do and we look forward to sharing the patient voice with researchers and clinicians in attendance.
Specific Activities at ACR
- Booth # 1514 – Patient representatives will be available to discuss how important the patient voice is and how it is at the center of all we do.
- Suzanne Schrandt, Director of Patient Engagement will be speaking on patient engagement in Research on Nov. 5th in Session #3S105 ACR/ARHP.
- Jennifer Ziegler, Transitions Director will be speaking about the Psychosocial Considerations for Young Adults on Nov. 6th in session Session # 4M098 ARHP.
- Guy Eakin, Senior Vice-President of Scientific Strategy will be participating in the workshop “ How to Find the Right Grant at the Right Time: Meet the NIH and Foundation Representatives” on Nov. 8th from 9-10:30 am.
- Sneak Peek Session to Help You Live Better with Arthritis – Nov 4th – 2pm -3:30
The Arthritis Foundation, in partnership with ACR, is hosting a special patient education session to get the inside scoop first-hard-from leading arthritis researchers and rheumatologists.
Visit our booth at ACR to learn more about our patient engagement efforts, and be sure to browse our online tools and resources to get the tools you need to conquer arthritis!