The Arthritis Foundation is proud to announce that the 2020-2021Arthritis Champions Scholarship application process is open! The Arthritis Champions Scholarship is generously funded by Dr. & Mrs. Walter J. Winterhoff and Dr. Smriti Bardhan.
The scholarship is awarded annually to deserving students with arthritis or a related rheumatic disease who:
- Impact the arthritis community, serving as positive role models and leaders
- Live their best life, while empowering others to do the same
Since 2010 the Arthritis Champions Scholarship has supported 42 college students, granting $500,000 altogether in scholarship awards. Nearly 800 applications have been received since expanding to a nationwide program three years ago. Each eligible application is anonymously reviewed by leadership volunteers across the country. Applications include essays covering challenges and accomplishments despite arthritis, future goals and arthritis community involvement and impact. Students awarded an Arthritis Champions Scholarship not only strive to live their best life despite arthritis, but also empower others who share similar experiences.
Eligible Scholarship Applicants:
- Have doctor-diagnosed arthritis or a related rheumatic disease
- Have and maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA (unweighted)
- Are a United States citizen or legal and permanent resident of the U.S.
- Have been accepted to an accredited undergraduate program, graduate program or medical school in the U.S.
- Are enrolled full-time each semester
- Are an engaged Arthritis Foundation advocate, fundraiser, participant, volunteer and/or supporter
Not all eligible applicants will be selected as scholarship recipients.
No member of Arthritis Foundation staff, the national board of directors or Arthritis Champions Scholarship committee, or their immediate family, shall be eligible for a scholarship award.
Get additional general scholarship details and the online application here: arthritis.org/scholarship
If you have questions, please contact Jennifer Ziegler at [email protected] or 470-481-4921.