Superheroes Seen in Washington DC – the 2018 National Juvenile Arthritis Conference Begins Today!
Nearly 900 superheroes – kids, teens, young adults and their families – from across the country, have been seen banding together in Washington DC!
DC serves as the second location of the Arthritis Foundation’s signature National Juvenile Arthritis (JA) Conference. The JA Conference is a unique opportunity for families, kids, teens and young adults affected by JA and other rheumatic diseases to connect with others and spend the weekend networking, learning, sharing tips and forming friendships.
Held at the Grand Hyatt in the heart of Washington DC, superheroes of all sizes can be seen amidst an energetic metro filled with restaurants, shops and family-friendly activities. Minutes away sits The White House along with the National Mall filled with Smithsonian museums, galleries and picturesque monuments.
This week’s conference will kick off the 34th annual gathering of JA families and offers a variety of events and informational program tracks focused on networking, education and fun. Over the four-day conference, attendees of all ages will find plenty to do – from the lively opening dinner and art exhibit to young adult discussion panels, health education from experts across the country and lots more.
“We are so excited to meet new families and welcome ‘home’ our conference veterans for this special event, “says Kate Kuhns, 2018 Juvenile Arthritis Conference volunteer chair. “This is something I look forward to all year – many families do – and the conference is always so inspiring. We leave full of hope, information and connections – it really is a life-changing experience.”
Join the #StrongerThanJA Conversation!
Share your experiences at the JA Conference with your friends, followers and the Arthritis Foundation.
You can join the conversation by using #StrongerThanJA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Your posts might even be featured on our big screen! Here are five ways to get started:
- Post: “Like” and interact with the Juvenile Arthritis Conference Facebook page by sharing and commenting on status updates and tagging yourself in photos.
- Tag: Whether in a tweet, post or share, be sure to tag your messages with #StrongerThanJA so everyone following the conference dialog will see it.
- Tweet: Mention @ArthritisFdn in your new tweets! The Arthritis Foundation will retweet and share with others.
- Capture the Moment: Filter your fun on Instagram! We love to see photos from the Juvenile Arthritis Conference. Mention @ArthritisFoundation and tag #StrongerThanJA.
- Not on social media? Submit your photos to [email protected] and your photos could be posted online and featured on our social channels!