Every academic year, we award $5,000 in individual scholarships to the most deserving college students. These students show how they impact the arthritis community and live their best life, while empowering others to do the same.
Scholarship applications for the 2022-23 academic year are being accepted through March 31, 2022. So, apply now. Read more here about the Arthritis Champions Scholarship program, where you can get general information and learn about eligibility criteria and how the application process works.
The Arthritis Champions Scholarship program is funded by the Walter J. and Kathryn M. Winterhoff Endowed Scholarship Fund, Dr. Smriti Bardhan College Scholarship Fund and Alpha Omicron Pi. Since 2010, this program has supported 85 college students with a total of $745,000 in awards. Each eligible application is anonymously reviewed by leadership volunteers from across the country.
Among 2021 scholarship recipients, Joshua James is a great example of someone who earned this honor. He has had an impact on the JA community and plans to pursue a profession helping others. Read his story.
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must:
- Have doctor-diagnosed arthritis or a related rheumatic disease
- Have and maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA
- Be a U.S. citizen or a legal and permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be enrolled in or awaiting acceptance from an accredited undergraduate or graduate program, or medical school, for the duration of the 2022-23 academic year for full-time enrollment
- Have engaged with the arthritis community as an Arthritis Foundation advocate, fundraiser, participant or volunteer