The Arthritis Foundation is proud to announce that the 2021-2022 Arthritis Champions Scholarship application is open! The Arthritis Champions Scholarship is generously funded by Dr. & Mrs. Walter J. Winterhoff, Dr. Smriti Bardhan and Alpha Omicron Pi.
The Arthritis Champions Scholarship of $5,000 per academic year is awarded annually to deserving students with arthritis or a related rheumatic disease who:
- Impact the arthritis community, serving as positive role models and leaders
- Live their best life while empowering others to do the same
Since 2010 the Arthritis Champions Scholarship has supported 51 college students, awarding nearly $570,000 altogether in scholarship awards. Each eligible application is anonymously reviewed by leadership volunteers from across the country. Applications include essays covering challenges and accomplishments despite arthritis, future goals, and arthritis community involvement and impact. Students awarded an Arthritis Champions Scholarship not only strive to live their best life despite arthritis, but also empower others who share similar experiences.
Eligible Scholarship Applicants:
- Have doctor-diagnosed arthritis or related rheumatic disease.
- Have and maintain a 2.5 or higher GPA (unweighted).
- Are United States citizens or legal and permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are accepted into an accredited undergraduate program, graduate program or medical school in the U.S.
- Are enrolled full-time each semester.
- Are engaged Arthritis Foundation advocates, fundraisers, participants, volunteers and/or supporters.
Not all eligible applicants will be selected as scholarship recipients. Eligible scholarship recipients may apply for up to four years total. Funds may be used toward tuition, books and supplies only.
No member of Arthritis Foundation staff, national board of directors, Arthritis Champions Scholarship Committee or their immediate family members shall be eligible for a scholarship award.
Find additional general scholarship details and an online application here: arthritis.org/scholarship
If you have questions, please contact [email protected]