Today, almost 1,000 kids, teens, young adults and their families from across the country are joining together in the Hoosier state for the second of two national Juvenile Arthritis (JA) Conferences the Arthritis Foundation is hosting this year. The JA Conference is a unique opportunity to connect families, kids, teens and young adults affected by JA and related childhood rheumatic diseases who spend the weekend networking, learning, sharing tips and forming bonds that can last a lifetime.
Held at the charming Hyatt Regency in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, a bustling area filled with restaurants and public parks and minutes away from Indianapolis Motor Speedway (home of the Indy 500), Lucas Oil Stadium (home of the Indianapolis Colts) and Victory Field (Indianapolis Indian’s ballpark – a Triple-A affiliate team of the Pittsburgh Pirates). The Indianapolis State Fairgrounds are also minutes away, and the state fair is in progress for all to enjoy. This week’s conference will round off our 33rd annual gathering of JA families and offers a variety of events and informational program tracks focused on networking, education and fun.
Over the four-day conference, attendees of all ages will find plenty to do – from the lively opening dinner and youth art exhibit to young adult discussion panels, health education from experts across the country and lots more.
New to the 2017 JA Conference – a mobile app that will accompany attendees and keep them updated with conference announcements in real time. The mobile app houses hotel and local maps, session information, session evaluations, the ability to craft your own schedule and share contact information with new connections.
“We had a great first conference in Houston a few weeks ago and are excited to kick off the second JA Conference this year!” says Katy Carter, 2017 Juvenile Arthritis Conference volunteer chair. “We are looking forward to welcoming even more of our JA Warrior families and hope everyone is able to relax, enjoy this time away and take in this experience of a lifetime.”
Stay Social Throughout the Conference! Join the #StrongerThanJA Conversation!
Share your experiences at the JA Conference with your friends, followers and the Arthritis Foundation.
You can join the conversation by using #StrongerThanJA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Your posts might even be featured on our big screen! Here are five ways to get started:
- Post: “Like” and interact with the Juvenile Arthritis Conference Facebook page by sharing and commenting on status updates and tagging yourself in photos.
- Tag: Whether in a tweet, post or share, be sure to tag your messages with #StrongerThanJA so everyone following the conference dialog will see it.
- Tweet: Mention @ArthritisFdn in your new tweets! The Arthritis Foundation will retweet and share with others.
- Capture the Moment: Filter your fun on Instagram! We love to see photos from the Juvenile Arthritis Conference. Mention @ArthritisFoundation and tag #StrongerThanJA.
- Not on social media? Submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org and your photos could be posted online and featured on our social channels!