Today, kids, teens, young adults and their families from across the country are landing in Houston, Texas, for the first of two national Juvenile Arthritis (JA) Conferences the Arthritis Foundation is hosting this year. The JA Conference is a unique opportunity to connect families, kids, teens and young adults affected by JA and other rheumatic diseases who spend the weekend networking, learning, sharing tips and forming bonds that can last a lifetime.
Almost 1,000 people are attending the first of two JA Conference events – held at the beautiful Hilton Americas Houston, a property that sits next to Discovery Green park, George R. Brown Convention Center, Minute Maid Park (Houston Astros) and the Toyota Center (Houston Rockets). This week’s conference will kick off our 33rd annual gathering of JA families and offers a variety of events and informational program tracks focused on networking, education and fun.
Over the four-day conference, attendees of all ages will find plenty to do – from the lively opening dinner and youth art exhibit to young adult discussion panels, health education from experts across the country and lots more.
For the first time this year, a conference mobile app will accompany attendees and keep them updated with conference announcements in real time. The mobile app houses hotel and local maps, session information, the ability to craft your own schedule and share contact information with new connections.
“We are very excited for the start of our two great JA Conferences this year and welcoming all JA Warriors to Houston,” says Katy Carter, 2017 Juvenile Arthritis Conference volunteer chair. “I hope everyone is able to relax and enjoy this time away with their family and friends, and take in this experience of a lifetime.”
Stay Social Throughout the Conference! Join the #StrongerThanJA Conversation!
Share your experiences at the JA Conference with your friends, followers and the Arthritis Foundation.
You can join the conversation by using #StrongerThanJA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Your posts might even be featured on our big screen! Here are five ways to get started:
- Post: “Like” and interact with the Juvenile Arthritis Conference Facebook page by sharing and commenting on status updates and tagging yourself in photos.
- Tag: Whether in a tweet, post or share, be sure to tag your messages with #StrongerThanJA so everyone following the conference dialog will see it.
- Tweet: Mention @ArthritisFdn in your new tweets! The Arthritis Foundation will retweet and share with others.
- Capture the Moment: Filter your fun on Instagram! We love to see photos from the Juvenile Arthritis Conference. Mention @ArthritisFoundation and tag #StrongerThanJA.
- Not on social media? Submit your photos to email@example.com and your photos could be posted online and featured on our social channels!