Platinum Ambassador Assembly Social Campaign
Did you know that the first ever Platinum Ambassador Assembly is taking place in Washington, DC this March 12-13? There, our most highly engaged grassroots Ambassadors will gather together to be the voice for arthritis on Capitol Hill.
We’re calling on you to help amplify the voice of our Platinum Ambassador Assembly by participating virtually in our #AdvocateforArthritis social media campaign on Tuesday, March 13. On that day Platinum Ambassador Assembly participants will be on Capitol Hill to meet their elected officials and their staff in person to discuss legislative priorities like reforming burdensome step therapy practices, addressing the pediatric rheumatologist shortage, and even securing funding for research for a cure!
You have an important role to play in making sure these messages stand out to our members of Congress—you can help us #AdvocateforArthritis by participating in our social media campaign. With over 97% of Congress using social media platforms like twitter and facebook to connect with their constituents and learn about what is important to them, we have an enormous power to influence our policymakers by uniting online!
You can take action in four easy steps:
- Create your sign: Print out this sign and in one sentence, written large and legible, tell us why you #AdvocateforArthritis!
- Take your picture: Hold your sign and snap a picture- it’s important that your words are large and easy to read in the picture. Ask a friend to take your picture so they can help make sure your message is clear!
- Set an alarm: Our goal is to flood the internet with our messages of hope and determination at 12:00 pm Eastern Time on March 13. Coordinating our posts will help our hashtag gain traction on social media. Set an alarm on your phone or calendar right now to remind yourself to post your picture online at 12:00 pm eastern on March 13!
- Plan your Post: Your post can be simple, just reiterate the reason that you #AdvocateforArthritis! You’ll want to make sure to include the hashtag #AdvocateforArthritis and tag the Arthritis Foundation. You can find us on Facebook, Twitter @ArthritisFdn and Instagram @arthritisfoundation.
If you want to take your post to the next level, you can:
- Tag your members of Congress. Your post can tell them why you #AdvocateforArthritis and to keep an eye out for our Advocacy Champions on the Hill that day. Example tweet: “I #AdvocateforArthritis with the @ArthritisFdn because patients are the ultimate stakeholders in health care. @CoryBooker & @SenatorMenendez, look out for our Ambassadors on Capitol Hill this March 13!”
- Link to your Walk to Cure Arthritis Team Page. By posting your reason to #AdvocateforArthritis with a link to your team or donation page, you have an opportunity to reach new people with your message and motivate them to help contribute to research for a cure. Example tweet, “I #AdvocateforArthritis because I am one of the 300,000 children in the United States with juvenile arthritis. You can support my @ArthritisFdn advocacy by joining or contributing to my Walk to Cure Arthritis Team. [Include a link to your team page]”
- Send it live: On March 13 at 12:00 pm Eastern Time, your alarm will ring to tell you it’s time to share your story online. You can view all of the posts in our social media aggregator on our Platinum Ambassador Assembly web page.
Post your pictures with our #AdvocateforArthritis hashtag and we will show the world that we are Unstoppable Against Arthritis.
Here are some sample signs to help you brainstorm:
- I #AdvocateforArthritis because sharing my story gives me hope and purpose in my daily battle with this disease.
- I #AdvocateforArthritis because people with arthritis deserve a cure.
- I #AdvocateforArthritis because my child lives with JA & because of the Arthritis Foundation, she knows she/he is not alone.
- I #AdvocateforArthritis because I need to protect my access to my medications so that I can continue to walk.
- I #AdvocateforArthritis because I am the 1 in 3 military veterans that came home with this disease.
- Social Media Print-Out Sign
- Platinum Ambassador Assembly
- More About the Ambassador Program
- Advocate 101: Join the Movement