Help us win the fight against arthritis! Join the Arthritis Foundation’s army of over 125,000 Advocates and help us make positive changes on Capitol Hill and across the nation. Through powerful grassroots advocacy, our Advocates make their opinions and stories known on numerous arthritis-related policy priorities, including:
- Out-of-pocket medication costs
- Access to timely, affordable patient care
- Research and prevention of arthritis and related diseases
- And building a strong Congressional Arthritis Caucus
What Does an Advocate Do?
When you join the movement, we’ll send you Action Alerts in your inbox about the latest arthritis-related issues debated on Capitol Hill. These Action Alerts are customizable, pre-written letters that include instructions to help you write your officials in five minutes or less, allowing you to explain that their constituents care about arthritis and are affected by the decisions they make.
Our Advocates also receive:
- Access to Advocacy in Action, a bi-monthly newsletter with the latest policy news
- Personalized advocacy training with access to a full “toolkit” of resources
- An invitation to our annual Advocacy Summit to learn more about building a continuing relationship with Members of Congress
- Opportunities to empower yourself by telling your personal arthritis story to policy makers
Why Advocate – What Changes Have We Made?
Many of our Advocates have told us that joining our movement has been a way to take control when they (or their loved ones) were diagnosed, enabling them to help those living with arthritis to have a higher quality of life.
Check out our Arthritis Foundation Advocacy Report Card to view our progress – our Advocates have already accomplished lots of great things, but we can make even more of an impact with your help.
Sign Up and Let Your Voice Be Heard
Are you ready to help us make a difference? Say YES and join thousands of others in the fight against arthritis. Sign up to be an Arthritis Foundation Advocate!
- Advocates in Action: Arthritis Ambassadors Recruit Members of Congress
- A Big Win For Arthritis Foundation Advocates: FDA Proposal Would Require Unique Names for Biosimilars
- Learn more about how you can join the movement and become an Arthritis Advocate.